The European Maritime Certification Institute (EMCI Register) certifies maritime arbitrators, brokers (for commercial vessels and yachts) and mediators, yacht surveyors and harbourmasters. The EMCI Register is ISO 9001:2015 certified by Lloyds Register and supervised by the ICC Council. The EMCI Register is a subsidiary of the Global Network Group and holds several international accreditations and recognitions.
EMCI practitioners work to the highest international standards. Before qualifying, they must complete an extensive professional education and training programme, pass a knowledge and skills tests and comply with experience criteria. Once they are certified, all practitioners comply with the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programme. Professional templates and model documents are available. In the unlikely event that something should go wrong, the EMCI Register includes compulsory rules for complaint handling and disciplinary sanctions, with optional
arbitration or binding advice.
EMCI certified professionals are well trained and motivated. They:
• put the customer’s targets and goals first;
• deliver added value for money;
• keep improving themselves through Continuing
Professional Development programme (ongoing education);
• comply with the code of conduct and procedure
• are accountable based on independent disciplinary
rules and dispute settlement handling;
• if fully certified, are obliged to have professional
and business liability insurance;
• are market-oriented professionals, active on the
local, national or international market;
• are part of an international network of
The EMCI keywords and promises
• Independent and reliable.
• Affordable, effective and to-the-point.
• Approachable, operating out of Germany, the
Netherlands and South Africa.
• Tailor-made solutions.
• Internationally recognised.
• ISO 9001 certified by Lloyd’s Register.
• Supervised by the ICC Council.
If you are looking to sell or buy a yacht, need a survey or are dealing with a dispute, select an EMCI professional and make sure you get the best service possible.